Governors work closely with headteachers, school staff and representatives from the local authority (LA) and The Romero Catholic Education Trust.
The following are Governors of the St Joseph’s Local Governing body:
- Mary Wood – Foundation Governor (Chair)
- x5 Foundation Governor Vacancies
- Fiona Brown (Headteacher)
- Liam Hunt (Staff Governor)
- Selima Lee (Parent Governor)
- Chris Foster (Other Governor
- BHCET Terms of Office – Members, Directors and Governors
- Governors Attendance 2019-20
- Governors Declaration of Pecuniary and Personal Interests
- Membership of Director Committees
- Terms of Reference – Local Governing Committee April 2020
- Code Of Conduct For Governors
- Scheme of Delegation
- Structure and Remit of Bishop Hogarth Catholic Education Trust and Committees
- Competency Framework for Governance January 2017
- Governance Handbook October 2020
How To Become A School Governor
If you require further information on the roles and responsibilities of School Governors or you are interested in becoming one, visit the Durham County Council website School Governor section.
Statutory Guidance for Governing Bodies
St Joseph’s Primary adhere to the statutory guidance from the Department for Education. This means that governing bodies must have regard to it when carrying out duties relating to the constitution of governing bodies in maintained schools.
If you would like a paper copy of any of our documents on our website please speak to the school office, who will provide them to you free of charge. If you require further information about any of the items shown please contact the school and we will do our best to help.