Governors work closely with headteachers, school staff and representatives from the local authority (LA) and The Bishop Hogarth Catholic Education Trust.
The following are Governors of the St Joseph’s Local Governing body:
- Mary Wood - Foundation Governor (Chair)
- Emma Blackwell - Foundation Governor
- Sarah Hammerton - Foundation Governor
- Fr Anthony Cornforth - Foundation Governor
- x2 Foundation Governor Vacancies
- Fiona Brown (Headteacher)
- Liam Hunt (Staff Governor)
- Selima Lee (Parent Governor)
- x1 Community Governor Vacancy
- Terms of Office
- Declaration of Business and Personal Interests 2020-21
- Local Governing Committee Attendance 2020-2021
- Code of Conduct for Governors
- Terms of Reference - Local Governing Committee
- Scheme of Delegation
- Governance Handbook
- A Competency Framework for Governance
- Structure and Remit of Bishop Hogarth Catholic Education Trust and Committees
- Knowing Your School Resource Pack for Governors
How To Become A School Governor
If you require further information on the roles and responsibilities of School Governors or you are interested in becoming one, visit the Durham County Council website School Governor section.
Statutory Guidance for Governing Bodies
St Joseph’s Primary adhere to the statutory guidance from the Department for Education. This means that governing bodies must have regard to it when carrying out duties relating to the constitution of governing bodies in maintained schools.
If you would like a paper copy of any of our documents on our website please speak to the school office, who will provide them to you free of charge. If you require further information about any of the items shown please contact the school and we will do our best to help.
To view Our Articles of Association, Memorandum of Association, Master Funding Agreement, Gender Pay Gap Report and Executive Pay Report, please visit here