We enable all children to engage fully in all aspects of school life. To do this, we:
live by our school mission statement: I am unique and created in God’s image and likeness
- Fully embed inclusive practises as far as is possible into everyday school life.
- Careful planning and regular whole school reviews to fully consider our curriculum on a yearly basis to include as far as possible, the needs of all pupils within our school that Academic Year.
- Where a child needs access to further support or an individual curriculum, staff make provision for this.
- Ensure that all class visits and whole school visits are able to be accessed by all children – if they cannot be, we find an alternative or we do not go.
- Work with Parents/ Carers to ensure we are fully aware of a child’s very specific needs.
- Expect high levels of achievement from all pupils regardless of their abilities or disabilities.
- High levels of praise for achievement (not only academic).
- Are flexible with staffing, placing support where it is needed at the time rather than on a year-to year basis.
Further details on the curriculum for each year group is shared on our website. Class pages provide further information on the topics to be covered during the school year and share pupils’ work. More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.